blank'/> EyreLand: Internet Truths from the Late Night Hours

8.24.2014

Internet Truths from the Late Night Hours

Sometimes, late at night, when I feel like the idea of sleep is a far off and foreign concept that my body is refusing to accept, or even attempt, I often take to exploring cheesy quizzes on the internet. Usually the quizzes involve testing my literary or film knowledge; particularly things relating to the Harry Potter series or the Disney Masterpiece Classics. Sometimes, however, I like to google for the most popular quizzes of the week and see how I fair on the things that the rest of the "Late night Googler" world does.
My most recent late night Google quiz involved asking the question, "Why am I still single?"
I am not overly concerned with my single status; in fact I am usually quite happy about it because of the freedom it allows me to do what I want when I want. However, like all young single adults, I often wonder at why I am still single when it often feels like something I haven't completely committed to choosing.
This was the internet's answer for why I am still single:

Why am I still single?

Hello to Ms. Independent! You are confident, happy, and you radiate. Tons of guys like you; you don't even know it. You probably just think they're your guy friends. You probably don't have any idea when a guy likes you; you spend so much time shining on in your own unique way, that when a guy likes you, he could beg and you still might not get it. You are brilliant and there is no one else in this world like you; you are probably the dream girl of many guys. But slow down to focus on them, and give them special attention, before you automatically decide that it's not worth your time. You'll find someone soon.

Take this quiz: Why am I still single?


The internet might not always be right, but I kind of like this answer-- even if it's not completely accurate-- so I think I will accept it for now; even if only to make myself feel better about wasting time on the internet instead of being productive during one of my insomniac moments.

No comments: